Harvard Business School
Boston, MA 02163
1.617.495.6128 Website : https://www.hbs.edu
2017 Business Week Ranking: Full-time MBA: 1stNAN
2017 Forbes Ranking: Full-time, 2-year MBA: 3rdNAN
2017 Economist Ranking: Full-time MBA: 3rd
2018 Financial Times Ranking: Full-time MBA: 5th
Harvard Business School is accredited by AACSB.
Are you a student or an alumnus/alumna? Help MBA aspirants choose their programs!
2-year, full-time program
MBA/MS in Engineering SciencesBoston
A joint degree with the Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering & Applied Sciences
MBA/Master of Public Policy (MPP)Boston
A joint degree program launched in Fall 2008 in collaboration with Harvard Kennedy School (HKS).
A four-year dual degree program offered in conjunction with Harvard Law School.
A five-year combined degree program launched in Fall 2005 in partnership with Harvard Medical School
Docteur of Dental Medecine (DMD)/MBABoston
A dual degree program established in 2009 in partnership with Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSDM).
MBA/Master of Public Administration-International DevelopmentBoston
A dual degree program launched in Fall 2008 in partnership with Harvard Kennedy School (HKS).
College Students (2+2)Boston
A deferred program for current Harvard students, either in full-time masters programs or in college. Students work for two years prior to entering the Harvard MBA program.
Notable MBA Alumni
- Erle Cocke, Jr, '47: U.S. National Guard general
- Phillips Waller Smith, '40: Major General in the U.S. Air Force
- Daniel Burke, '55 : former President of ABC
- Sheryl WuDunn, '86: Pulitzer Prize winner (2009)
- Paul Loyd, Jr: former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the R&B Falcon Corporation
- John Cahill: former CEO of Kraft foods, vice chairman of Kraft Heinz
- John D'Agostino: Managing Director of DMS Offshore, former Managing Director of Alkeon Capital, youngest Head of Strategy for New York Mercantile Exchange and subject of best-selling book 'Rigged: The Ivy League Kid who Changed the World of Oil From Wall Street to Dubai'
- Jamie Dimon, '82: chairman and CEO of JPMorgan Chase
- Ray Dalio, '73: Founder and CEO of Bridgewater Associates
- Colin Drummond: CEO of Viridor and joint CEO of Pennon Group
- Mark Fields: former CEO of Ford and former CEO of Mazda
- Herman Goldner, '47: Mayor of St. Petersburg, Florida
- Steve Spinner, '96: adviser for the U.S. Department of Energy
- George William Strake, Jr., '61: former Secretary of State of Texas
- Jason Klein, '86: former CEO and President of Times Mirror Magazines and former CEO of Newspaper National Network LP
- Tom McGrath, '80: Film and theater executive, producer
- Yoshito Hori: Founder of Globis University Graduate School of Management
- Chase Carey, '79: Executive Vice-Chairman of 21st Century Fox
- Donald J. Carty: former CEO of AMR Corporation
- Michael Cohrs, '81: former Co-head of Corporate and Investment Banking and head of Global Banking at Deutsche Bank
- Vittorio Colao: CEO of Vodafone
- Edward Conard, '82: founding partner of Bain Capital, New York Times bestselling author
- Warren Hellman, '59: Founder of Hellman & Friedman and Hellman, Ferri Investment Associates (today Matrix Partners; former president, chairman, head of Investment Banking Division of Lehman Brothers
- Darren Huston: president and CEO of The Priceline Group (Agoda, Kayak, Booking.com
- Jeffrey Immelt, '82: Chairman and CEO of General Electric
- Abigail Johnson, '88: CEO of Fidelity Investments
- Tatparanandam Ananda Krishnan, '64: Tamil Malaysian businessman and philanthropist
- Alan George "A.G." Lafley, '77: chairman, president and CEO of Procter & Gamble
- John Hicks Lanier, '64: former Chairman of the Board and CEO of Oxford Industries
- John Langeloth Loeb, Jr., '54: former Chairman of Loeb, Rhoades Trust Company; former U.S. Ambassador to Denmark
- Stanley Marcus, '27: former President and CEO of Neiman Marcus department stores
- James McNerney, '75: Chairman and CEO of Boeing
- Fred Meyer: former state chairman of the Republican Party of Texas
- David Nelms, '87: Former CEO of Discover Financial
- John Paulson, '80: Founder of Paulson & Co.
- Fred Reichheld, '78: business author and business strategist best known for his research and writing on the loyalty business model and loyalty marketing
- Leonard Blavatnik, '89: Founder of Access Industries
- Gary Rodkin, '80: former CEO of ConAgra Foods
- Sheryl Sandberg, '95: COO of Facebook, former VP of Global Online Sales and Operations for Google
- Steve Schwarzman, '72: owner of Blackstone Group
- Daniel Searle, '52: former CEO of G. D. Searle & Company
- Jeffrey Skilling, '79: former CEO of Enron, convicted of federal felony charges
- Jan Stenbeck: President of MTG
- Marcel Herrmann Telles: Founder of 3G Capital
- John Thain: Chairman and CEO of CIT Group, former chairman and CEO of Merrill Lynch
- Rick Wagoner, '77: former CEO of General Motors
- Meg Whitman, '79: President and CEO of HP
- George W. Bush, '73: former United States President
- Najib Mikati, '80: former Prime Minister of Lebanon
- Antonis Samaras, '76: fomer Prime Minister of Greece
- U.S. Secretary of Defense: Nicholas Brady, '55, Frank Carlucci, '55, Elaine Chao, '79, Barbara Hackman Franklin, '64, Drew Lewis, '55, Robert McNamara, '39, Henry Paulson, '70
- Claudio Demattè, '70: founder of SDA Bocconi
- Salman Khan, 2003: founder and CEO of Khan Academy.
- Booth Gardner: former Governor of Washington
- John Lynch: former Governor of New Hampshire
- Bruce Rauner: former Governor of Illinois
- Buddy Roemer: former Governor of Louisiana
- Mitt Romney, (J.D./M.B.A.): former Governor of Massachusetts and former U.S. presidential candidate
- David Walters: former Governor of Oklahoma
- Michael Bloomberg, '66: former Mayor of New York City, founder, CEO, and owner of Bloomberg L.P.
- Hiroshi Mikitani, '93: CEO of Rakuten
- Jean-Claude Blanc, '94: General manager and marketing executive of Paris Saint-Germain. former CEO of Juventus Turin Football Club
U.S Senators: H. John Heinz, Herbert Kohl, William Proxmire, William Roth, John Sununu
U.S. Representatives and Congressmen: William H. Bates, James Bromwell, Bud Brown, Curt Clawson, James M. Collins, Merrill Cook, Lawrence Coughlin, Christopher Cox, James K. Coyne III, Chet Edwards, John Garamendi, Bill Gradison, Amory Houghton, James Ellsworth Noland, James H. Scheuer, Victor Veysey, Charles W. Whalen, Jr.
Other: Paul Bremer, Liam Byrne, Michael Marshall, Susan McCaw, Archie Norman, Grover Norquist, Joe Oliver, Claire Perry, Jayant Sinha, Peter Thurnham, James Wolfensohn, Robert C. Murray, Steven R. Covey, Jack Valenti, Zeeshan Zaidi (JD/MBA), Michael Beschloss, Roger Martin, Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein, Palaniappan Chidambaram, Isaiah Kacyvenski
Last week, more than 1500 MBA students from top Business Schools participated to the « MBA Tournament » the largest MBA multi-sport event in Europe, organized and hosted by HEC Paris.
MBA Commencement season for class of 2015 has just ended. Guest speakers, alumni, students and deans delivered funny, inspiring, emotional messages to graduating students.